“TOWARDS SUSTAINABLE CULTURAL LANDSCAPE OF SUBAK SYSTEM”
Gianyar – Bali, 17th – 22nd August 2016
BIFSS 2016 will primarly focus on everything about Subak system in both of scientific and practical component of this UNESCO World Heritage recognition. The exploration of historical temples, paddy fields and all related activities along Pakerisan River in Gianyar Regency will be the main site of this excursion.
1. To give participants a comprehensive understanding on Subak System by doing a research on cultural landscape conservation directly in the field;
2. To give participants direct experiences on local communities initiatives in conserving and managing their environment as well as their cultural heritages;
3. To explore and analyze the changes, the impacts, and the needed additional tools to sustain cultural landscape of Subak system.
4. To compile data and documentation of Subak sites in Gianyar Regency for preparing a package of its heritage trails application.
Participants are limited to 25 persons:
1. Students from Indonesian or overseas universities who have concerns on cultural landscape heritage conservation.
2. Lecturers, researchers from Indonesia or overseas universities with interdisciplinary sciences related to the program topic.
3. Parties who have concerns on cultural landscape heritage conservation (individuals, government, cultural and heritage associations, environmental associations, tourism experts, etc).
1. Modest accommodation in local villager traditional houses, Desa Nyuh Kuning (wifi, private unique bedroom & bathroom);
2. Meals and drinks;
3. Local transportation;
4. Program materials.
1.Transportation from original country/city to Bali;
2. Passport and visa arrangements;
3. Health insurance;
4. Additional field tour;
5. Extended accommodation;
6. Personal expenses and equipment.
Series of lectures, field survey, working group studio combined with fun learning activities consist of: Wed, Aug 17 Welcoming Dinner at Rumah Panchoran, Nyuh Kuning Village
Thu, Aug 18 Opening BIFSS 2016 by Regent of Gianyar. Lectures and Tour on the overview of Subak World Heritage Sites in Gianyar Regency
Fri, Aug 19 Field Visit to DAS Pakerisan, Temples and Subak Organizations in Gianyar Regency
Sat, Aug 20 Working Group studio at Rumah Panchoran, Nyuh Kuning Village Sun,
Aug 21 Field Visit to Museum Subak and Comparation Visit to Jatiluwih Subak World Heritage Sites in Tabanan Regency
Mon, Aug 22 Group Presentation, Closing BIFSS 2016 and Farewell Lunch
REGISTRATION AND INFORMATION
Indonesian Heritage Trust (BBPI / Badan Pelestarian Pusaka Indonesia)
Jl. Veteran I no 27, Jakarta
Anti (+6281298984560 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Derina (+6287782830971 / email@example.com)
USD 600 for international participants
IDR 3,000,000 for Indonesian participants;
IDR 500,000 local Balinese students
Registration will be closed on July 25th 2016.